Sturgis Bike Week
Sturgis Bike Week 2014 is all set
Looking for hotels? Search and compare over 30 sites right here!
Get ready for a ton of fun in Sturgis!
Did you know?
There is a lot to learn and absorb when
researching this fantastic party, and if you are traveling here you will find
- Population of Sturgis is 6,627
- Approx 500k (or more!) Bikers come from all over the
world EVERY year for Sturgis Bike Week
- Sturgis is only 4 square miles big
- The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally started in 1938 by the
- The Sturgis Rally originally was for
motorcycle stunts and motorcycle racing
- The 60th Annual Rally has numbers reported from 550k to
750k in attendance
- Sturgis web cams are located all over for live
- The TV show COPS did their 147th episode here
- Miss Buffalo Chip is held every year at the Buffalo
- There was no Rally in 1942 due to the War,
and the gasoline rationing
- Daytona Bike Week is the only rival to the Sturgis
motorcycle Rally in numbers
- You can find more Rally Pictures here
- Finding lodging is difficult to impossible during this
week thru out the area
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, Motley Crue and Alice Cooper are already lined up for the 2014
Rally at the Buffalo Chip Campground!
- Next Annual Rally is scheduled for August 4-10th
2014 - see you then!
It's not all about the party ALL the time. It's all about the BIKES too!
This is Boss Hoss. Wherever this bike went, people gawked, flocked and followed. It's kinda hard to see in the picture, but this bad boy had a truck size tire on the back.
And a small block Chevy engine to power it up. Arrr, arrrr, arrr, arrr- Tim the Tool Man Taylor would have been proud!
Here's just a few pictures of some other cool bikes we saw. The red one on the left had some awesome graphics with flames and skulls.
The bike on the right? Ya, that's a STRIPPER pole.
Like I said before, Sturgis is all about the party, BUT, it's also about touring the Hills, having some fun with your favorite other, and about checkin out some of the most radical bikes in the world. Yep. It's all here. Little ol South Dakota.
BUT WHAT IS THERE TO DO??
<------------ Previous | Next-------------->
Top of Sturgis Bike Week | Sturgis Motorcycle Rally | Spearfish Canyon